Tech Tool: Google Drive – Free iOS App/Free with Google Account
- Google Drive is part of the Google Apps for Education. It functions as both an platform for storage “in the cloud” as well as a way to create, share and collaborate on documents, slideshows, and more. Google Drive is available for all students and teachers through their Putnam City Google account.
Ideas for Use:
- Upload and store files for easy access on all devices.
- Share files between team members and/or students through Google accounts, link, or email.
- Manage and organize instructional materials.
- Obtain URL for files to share with QR Codes, on websites, etc.
- Upload 5 files to your Google Drive account. (One of the files should be the screenshot from the PC Google Account badge.)
- Take a screenshot showing at least 5 files in your Google Drive. (Screenshot instructions here)
- Upload screenshot to your Google Drive.
- Set sharing options for the screenshot file to “Anyone with Link Can View”.
- Fill out the Level UP! form. You will need to copy the URL (link) to your screenshot to paste in the form.
Reflective Question: How could Google Drive be used to increase collaboration within your PLC?