Tech Tool: Google Classroom- Web Version – Free with Google Apps for Education account
- Google Classroom is a learning platform that allows for online connections, assignments, discussion and collaboration. As part of the Google Apps for Education suite, it works with Google Drive and all of its components as well as many other sites and apps. A great tool for blended or flipped classrooms!
For the most up-to-date video instructions on using all aspects of Google Classroom, please click on the link below:
Google works to update this page as new features are added!
Ideas for Use:
- Post questions to create online discussion boards about classroom topics or books read.
- Use to share resources and assignments to create a paperless classroom.
- Connect with students beyond the class period or school day.
- Give access to remediation or enrichment opportunities.
- Assign and collect work to increase organization.
- Allow students to develop writing, reading and social skills, as well as proper online behavior.
- Create a class in Google Classroom and choose a theme that works with your classroom.
- Post an announcement containing a link to a website.
- Post an assignment asking students to create a Doc, Slide or Sheet to be turned in.
- Post a question (either short answer or multiple choice).
- Copy the class code to paste into the form (where it asks for URL) to allow someone from IT to join your class as a student and verify the posts.
Reflective Question: How can using Google Classroom within the school day change the role of the instructor? Will your class be structured the same way with this in use?