Tech Tool: Google Docs – Web Version – Free with Google Account
- Google Docs is a free online word processor that works with Google Drive. The user is able to create and customize documents with a full complement of features.
- In addition to many sharing and publishing options, users can collaborate with others in real time.
- With an autosave feature that tracks changes, users can also access revision history that acts as snapshots of document progress.
Ideas for Use:
- Collaborative writing
- Group brainstorming
- Group discussion board or back channel
- Paperless research papers (revision history acts as rough draft)
- Collaborate on lesson plans
- Easy peer editing
- Gather reflections, feedback or answers to questions paperlessly
- Works in conjunction with Classroom and Drive
- Create a Google Doc that includes the following elements:
- Open sharing options and set to “Anyone With Link Can Edit.” Copy the URL to paste into the Level UP! Form.
Reflective Question: How can the collaboration feature of Google Docs be used to change the way your students interact with your content, as well as their classmates? Give a specific example.