Tech Tool: Apple Classroom – iOS – Free
- Apple Classroom is a free app that allows teachers to manage and monitor iPad use in their classroom. Options include viewing student screens, allowing students to AirPlay, sharing web links and content, and more.
- Apple Classroom is only installed on the teacher device and does not require an app for student devices.
Ideas for Use:
- Monitor iPad use while students are working in groups or at stations.
- Lock iPads into app for assessment.
- Assist students in opening apps for instruction or creation.
- Manage iPad use during instructional time.
- Share web links directly with students to avoid long URLs and typing errors.
- Open Apple Classroom and add teacher information and a photo for students to see when joining your class.
- Enroll at least 1 class of students in Apple Classroom.
- Take a screenshot of your class showing student screens.
- Upload screenshot to Google Drive and set sharing options to “Anyone with link can view”. Copy URL to enter into Google form as your Level Up! artifact.
Reflective Question: How can having access to Apple Classroom change the way your students interact with their technology?